Saturday, December 27, 2008

JW Study Meeting #13

Today Uriah and I had our thirteenth meeting. My girlfriend's staying here for the week, so she was present. The three of us--I haven't seen a JW other than Uriah for quite some time now--made some small-talk here and there; I mentioned that I'd finished reading the second volume of Studies in the Scriptures (the one called The Time is at Hand), plus the 1986 book Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace", and now I was tackling Jehovah's Witnesses: Proclaimers of God's Kingdom. Also some talk of computers, and assorted stories that now slip my mind. We finished the fifth chapter of What Does the Bible Really Teach? without too much difficulty, and it was relatively uncontroversial, though I added some clarifications to the effect that Christ's life and death were not simply a one-for-one trade-off with what Adam forfeited. The next chapter, regarding the fate of the dead, will naturally be much more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment